Tuesday 28 August 2012

My Sunday Club Meet

On Sunday the 26th of August I had a swim meet. My races were 100m Backstroke, 100m Individual Medley, 100m Freestyle, 100m Breaststroke and 50m Freestyle. Right now I was speed Level 3, the lowest level. Level 2 was the next up, and only a few people manage to get to Level 1, the highest you can get. If I got one minute 35 seconds in my 100m Backstroke, I would qualify for Level 2! When it was time for the race, I pushed off as soon as the starting bleeper went off, and off I went! I powered away from the wall, and swam ahead of the opposing swimmers. I tumble-turned off the wall, 25 meters down, 75 to go. When I eventually got on the last wall, I was exhausted, but I kept going. And when I finished it paid off, because I bet my personal record by 15 seconds, got the fastest time and qualified to level up to level 2!

My next race was 100m IM (Individual Medley), and unfortunately I false-started, but the ref gave me another chance. And guess what! I got the fastest time again, but nobody is allowed to qualify, which is a shame. I later powered through 100m Breaststroke, and qualified for Level 2 again! My second to last race was 100m Freestyle, but I was two seconds off the qualifying time. My last race was 50m Freestyle, and I was in the last round for the event because I had one of the top times, like all of my other races. I came somewhere between third and sixth, and bet my PB (Personal Best) by almost two seconds!

I hope I do as awesome as that in my next swim meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment