Tuesday 25 September 2012

Avenger

He was gone for. My friend had a bullet through his heart, and had lost much of his blood. The tears rolled down his cheeks, why did he have to go so soon? As I listened to his last words, I knew he wasn’t going to come back. “Avenge me.” His eyes closed.

I was armed and dangerous. Ready to avenge. My new name: The Avenger! Gun, check. Ammunition, check. My hunt finally ended at an alleyway. Huh. Too easy. I had the gun, and he had nothing, not even a way out. As he scrambled backwards, as he begged me for forgiveness, well, I didn’t listen. I only had one thing on my mind. Revenge. As I aimed the gun, he cried out. “Please don’t kill me, I won’t do it again!”
“No.” I said. “You won’t.” BANG.

The bullet ricocheted of the concrete and lodged itself in a lamppost. I could not do it. I walked away silent, and I realised how I could see him again. I raised the gun, and fired. The police later found an 11 year old boy, lying on the ground with a smile and glazed eyes, with a bullet in his head. That boy saw his friend in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment